Gareth scanned the rolling plain that was the Grass Desert. "If only…" There! Gareth changed his course slightly and headed for a clump of particularly stiff-looking grass. He slid to a stop by the grass and pulled out a small spade. He quickly stuck the spade into the ground at the base of one of the plants. "Come on…" he mumbled, gently pulling the plant out. He stuck the spade in next to a second plant. "One more…" The second plant came out undamaged as well.
Gareth quickly stood and nocked the first arrow grass in his bow. The Gnolls were only 30 yards away now. He drew back the bow and fired at the first Gnoll. The arrow grass hit home, striking the Gnoll in the left eye, dropping him instantly. Gareth quickly nocked the second arrow grass and said a quick prayer to Wrix, God of Luck. He took aim at the second Gnoll still charging toward him.
The natural world is filled with many wondrous and seemingly magical things. For everything created by man, it seems that nature has done it first, and better. It is no different in the world of fantasy. In a land filled with dragons and magic it is not surprising that strange and unique items will evolve through time.
Natural Wonders - Flora explores 15 new and naturally occurring plants that have unique and quasi-magical qualities. These natural wonders are set on the world of Ados and can be used as part of the Ados: Land of Strife campaign setting. Each entry is also designed so that you can use these natural wonders in any campaign setting.
Each natural wonder entry gives the following information about the plant:
- the Natural Wonder's range and habitat
- how common it occurs, its hardness, and hit points
- the Natural Wonder's special quality; what makes it unique
- a complete description of the Natural Wonder
- a listing of applicable skills associated with the Natural Wonder
- prices for the raw material derived from the Natural Wonder
- items that can be made from the Natural Wonder
- a short adventure hook so you can incorporate the Natural Wonder easily into your game (including NPC stats where appropriate).